A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
In July of 2018, we lost the pillar of our women’s ministry, Sister Geri Owens. She had a heart for women and a heart for Christ. We prayed for God to raise up someone to carry on the mantle that was left by Sister Owens. He has done that with Sister Samaria Widemond. Below is the new direction for the Women of Grace (WOG) ministry.
MISSION STATEMENT – Bringing women together in Christ for encouragement, service, and spiritual growth. Our purpose is to reach out to our friends and family with the message of God’s love as demonstrated through Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection.
Meets 3rd Saturday of the month @ 10:00 am
Theme for 2019: Building Relationships
We want to build relationships by (1) widening our circle of friendships among women within the church family, (2) spending purposeful time with women outside the family of God, and (3) serving God by using our giftedness for the benefits of others.
- To teach women how to know God through His Word
- To equip women to be able to reach beyond the walls of the church and into their communities that others might come to know Christ
- To bring women into the fellowship of the church that they might grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ
- To minister to women where they are
- To build a strong sisterhood
- To bridge the gap between generations
Friday, May 24 – Game Night – 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday, May 26 – Meeting after service
Saturday, June 8 – Meeting in the Park (Louise W. Moore)
Saturday, June 15 – Father’s Day Brunch – 12:00 pm